What is the remedy to increase hemoglobin count and what is the normal count?

My hemoglobin count is low. How I can increase my hemoglobin count ?? What is medically recommended hemoglobin count for me ??
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Normal hemoglobin levels for females is 12 to 15 gm/dl. If your hemoglobin has shown to be low, then next step is to find the cause by getting tests done like CBC with peripheral smear (especially MCV, MCHC), Serum ferritin levels, serum iron levels, TIBC, Serum vitamin B12 levels and folate levels, etc. The most common cause of anemia is iron deficiency anemia in which hematinic syrup like Dexorange syrup can be taken 1 tbsp twice daily for 3 months or longer depending on the value of hemoglobin. If the cause is something else, then we need to give specific therapy for the cause. Hope it helps Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee