What is the remedy to get rid of Weakness and tiredness when on BP medication?

My mother 93, takes 3 blood pressure medicines and she feels tired weak and discouraged Her urine smells strong She has low vision and risks going completely blind so I intend to take her blood pressure for the next days Metropolol 25 mg irbesartan 150mg nefedipine ER 60mg i tab a day with lunch She also takes Lorazepan .5 x 3 times a day Tecta 40mg for a queessy feeling in the morning (morning sickness) and synthroid .125 Correction Metropolol 25 mg TWICE a day Irbesartan 150 MG TWICE a day
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Requires Evaluation. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to XXXXXXX , Thanks for sharing with us. She is a hypertensive and has Hypothyroidism too. Her vision problems can be due to 1. Age related Cataract. 2. Hypertensive Retinopathy. Weakness , tiredness can be a result of Hypertensive Nephropathy (Kidney involvement due to hypertension) , that can result in Anemia , leading to tiredness and weakness. I would like to know her , current Blood pressure and pulse rate. And would like to see her ECG , Xray And Blood investigations. In case , you have not got them done , or they are old , i suggest following workup: 1. Haemogram 2. Kidney Function Test 3. Liver Function Test. 4. Xray Chest 5. ECG 6. Fasting Lipid Profile 7. Fasting Blood Sugar 8. Urine Routine & Microscopy. Get her Fundus (eye examination) for retinopathy , if there can be treated by a surgery , if her cardiac condition permits. In case , we find any anemia , we will look for it's cause , and if it is due to kidney involvement , we can give treat that also. Metoprolol is a good medication for Hypertension and Heart , i always prefer to add drugs like Enalapril , Ramipril in best tolerated doses to my patient , as they are beneficial to heart. Adding it would be based on her Kidney functions and Blood pressure recordings. Also , i prefer to add Tab Aspirin to my patients with hypertension especially at this age. You may discuss with your doctor to consider these two drugs. I hope i am able to solve your query , you may ask me if you have any query. Good Luck.
Follow-up: What is the remedy to get rid of Weakness and tiredness when on BP medication? 3 hours later
Thank you I will do tha with my mother in the next week Then I will get back with the results. Are you canadian or american?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Great Decision. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend , I am glad you have decided to get her tests done. When you get the reports , attach them and send a query with my name. I will be happy to read her reports , and help her I am an Indian , you may see my profile here on XXXXXXX . If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it. Good luck.