What is the remedy to cure anal wetness and itching caused due to sitting for long periods?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi doctor, I am 47 years old, prone to little gastric issue for sometime and took medicines from a gastroenterologist and it is relieved, but my main irritating issue is while sitting for long periods i tend to produce wetness with severe itching at the anal part (i do a computer job which demand sitting for 8 or more hours). If i wash it off or use quadriderm ointment it will subside, but again will re-appear most of the time. Will appreciate if you can tell me what the issue may be and guide me what course I should take (not taking any medicines other than quadriderm ointment for this) but for my joint pain recently doctor prescribed pregabalin-Methylocarbamin and Alprazolam SR and Setraline tablets and on it now.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: local care and physiotherapy needed Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing in. You seem to be having three issues which I will address sequentially. 1. For the acidity issue dietary modicication and complete cessation of smoking and alcohol are mandatory. Symptomatic treatment would include sucralfate suspension and antacids like omeprazole. 2. For the anal issue I would suggest the following a. Candid or ketoconazole soap for ocal cleansing at least twice a day. b. Loose cotton underwears during daytime and loose pajamas at night. c. Avoid application of any creams locally. d. Apply topical powders like mycoderm to the affected areas twice a day. e. Avoid sitting in one position for prolonged hours. Ensure that you loosen the clothes intermittently. f. Take hygienic food and clean drinking water. g.Avoid spicy and gas forming foods like fried or oil rich items. 3. The third issue is the joint pain for which psychotropic medications like alprax and sertraline be best avoided. Mild pain killers for a week accompanied by good physiotherapy would be ideal. I hope this answers all your issues. Regards
Follow-up: What is the remedy to cure anal wetness and itching caused due to sitting for long periods? 23 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for the detailed reply, but my main issue i would like to know about is the leakage of kind of fluid from anal part with severe itching, not profound, but wetness, which if I mop with cotton show slight yellow in color. This goes of normally if I wash it off but again come back, cant avoid sitting while work in front of a computer, it is my livelihood. but my doubt is, is this anything related to internal issues which I need detailed analysis? The gastroenterologist I visited checked all blood tests, stool test, no parasites, and even HIV test also but all were normal and he said clinically nothing of significance, but this issue continues as an irritant for me. While at home it is okay but going outside for long or during travel it is very difficult, and it is continuing for the last 2-3 years too. My BP is normal, not diabetic, and all blood parameters are okay. No other major illnesses so far. Hope that doctor will understand and give me an advise for what treatment of which doctor next i should see or can you prescribe any medicine for the particular issue especially. thank you
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antibiotics and meticulous hygiene isthe treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Assuming that local examination that includes per rectal and proctoscopic examination is normal then a short course of antibiotics comprising of ciprofloxacin and metronidazole for a week will control the local infection leading to the discharge. The symptoms which have described are suggestive of pruritus ani. Local hygiene ,antibiotics and anti pruritic medication if pruritus is intolerable are the mainstay of treatment. I hope this answers your query. Regards