What is the remedy for tumors?

Hi, My name is XXXXXXX Blystone and we have talked before. You asked how i was doing an I am sending a note to let you know how i am doing and ask a question. Just a note to let you know I started my XRT and have 3.5 weeks to go. Thank you for asking how I was doing. I have a quick question. My oligodendroglioma grade 2 was per Dr Alzate stated with all the new equipment he was able to do a total gross resection but wanted me to have XRT to be sure no residual was left. The tumor are postive for GFAP but neg for p53. Ki-67 less than 1% positivity also I had a IDH1 mutation I also have the 1p 19q deletion. I am 55 years old and am having the radiation what are the chances of a cure? Do these tumors always return and do they spead to other areas of the brain? Most studies say they stay in the same place. Some studies say a grade 2 can be cureable. Please let me know
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Oligodendroglioma Detailed Answer: Dear Klbystone, Thanks for posing the question again. Once completely resected followed by Intensity Modulated radiotherapy or gama knife Radiosurgery the tumor is unlikely to spread to other ares of brain but there is a remote chance for recurrence at the same sight. I am sure that thie treatment you have received will give you enough breather and you should be happy. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku