What is the remedy for subconjunctival hemorrhage caused due to ruptured blood vessels in eye?

I have a ruptured blood vessel in my left eye..I did see a eye dr. yesterday and he said it was one of the worse he had seen but not to worry and suggested I use a lubricant eye drop..this is what I am doing. Now this morning it appears that there is a lot of blood in my eye and when I used a warm paper towel to blot my eye there is a bloody fluid that is on the paper towel. Is this aok? or should I just relax and wait for time to pass. There is no pain but its uncomfortable..some pressure. Eyesight is a bit blurred but I believe that is due to the eye drops..TIA XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cold blotting and a visit to your doctor Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Your diagnosis is 'subconjunctival hemorrhage' and usually resolves itself within 2 weeks time. As in most cases the causes for a subconjunctival hemorrhage are all mild, it does not reach the stage where there is blood draining from the eye. Although, this could also help in draining out of the ruptured and accumulated blood, it could also mean that the ruptured blood vessel has not yet healed. For now, I would recommend cold blotting on the eye and a visit to your doctor at your earliest convenience. If not for the draining, the treatment your doctor has prescribed is most accurate. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes ma'am.