What is the remedy for stomach sickness,diarrhea and internal hemorrhoid ?

Question
Hi doctor
My name is XXXXXXX and i been having weird symptoms with my body these past few months. It started back in feb. one day my stomach just felt sick and full and i actually threw up on the first day so i thought i was sick and got plenty of rest and drank fluids. i could not go to the bathroom and swallowing any food was very difficult. i eventually took some laxitives and it made my poop come out watery and after a few weeks i could feel that i was able to eat again properly but i still felt that fullness feeling in my stomach which was really uncomfortable and i would still not poop properly some days it would come out in pellets. sometimes big and really loose. then i would have diaarrehea as well, for months my stomach has been feeling like this now always bloated and uncomfortable it is really emotionally draining tiring. i went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he checked my blood and heart and said i was fine but had high blood pressure and he also confirmed i had a XXXXXXX hemorrhoid so then i proceded to take a depository for it but have no idea if it has disappeared yet, more recently just a week ago the pain in my stomach has seemed to move to the right side of my body and im having some sharp back pain when i move around and i dont feel fullness of my right side. it's a strange sensation and really uncomfortable.i also wanted to mention that my nose is really bothersome and i can not breathe properly sometimes. i am a male btw 5'10 and 189 pounds 21 years old. i have been perfectly healthy my whole life and i take acne medication which is doxycycline i believe. Thank you for reading my concerns doctor. i just have not felt good these past months and fuctioning properly is very difficult for me. i just want to know if i should be too concerned about my health. thank you for your time.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

From your symptoms the possibility of irritable bowel syndrome is important to be ruled out. It is characterized by mild to severe abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and alteration of bowel habits like alternate constipation and loose stools. If the symptoms are worsening then definitely it is a cause of concern and should be evaluated at the earliest.

Secondly for right sided pain it is important to rule out any kidney stones which may present as such sharp pain radiating to the back. For this purpose you need to get an ultrasound abdomen and kidneys done. For ruling out the possibility of irritable bowel syndrome, you have to consult a gastroenterologist as it can be a very difficult diagnosis to make. IBS is called a diagnosis of exclusion, which means that your doctor has to rule out other possibilities first.

Till that time, make some lifestyle changes. Alterations in diet, like gradual addition of more fibre in your diet like whole grain breads, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables & fruits can ease your symptoms. Avoid taking cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, beans and lentils, caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee) aerated drinks, fried and spicy foods. Also drink plenty of fluids and water and try to stop smoking or alcohol if there is history of intake of any such substance. Also start doing daily exercises, brisk walks, XXXXXXX breathing exercises which help in preventing constipation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: What is the remedy for stomach sickness,diarrhea and internal hemorrhoid ? 27 hours later
thank you very much for the information doctor. so i could possibly have irritable bowl syndrome? i have been under much stress this year. i've had my mom pass away. it's a very hard time for me. the one thing that concerns me is the pain on my right side. it sometimes feel's like a numbness in my arms and legs with the pain in my upper right back almost like a feeling of having one side of your body it comes and goes which worries me then the pain on the right side of the abdomen. could it be something serious or just lots of stress. thank you for your time.

Anthony

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The pain on the right side of the abdomen could possibly be a part and parcel of the irritable bowel syndrome only.

However, it makes sense to get an ultrasound or rather a CT scan done to rule out the possibility of any other pathology.

In view of the overall clinical profile it seems that the stress seems to be the main culprit behind all the symptoms you're going through.

Follow-up: What is the remedy for stomach sickness,diarrhea and internal hemorrhoid ? 2 days later
doctor just one more concern when i said earlier my right side felt numb and tingling also the right side of my neck feels sore stiff and numb when i move it around and very bothersome. do these symptons have anything to do with constipation or can it be again related to stress. i never had any problems all my life except for some anxiety anymore insight would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Anthony

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for getting back to me. Right sided numbness and tingling and neck feeling sore is not related to constipation but it can be due to parasthesia skin or abnormal posture of the neck. It can also be due to stress and anxiety.

The stiffness and soreness in neck can be due to prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours. Application of ice pack, taking anti-inflammatory drugs, stretching and strengthening exercises when the pain subsides and modification of the way you work on computers helps a lot. Taking vitamin supplements especially vitamin B 12 also helps in making the symptoms better.

If the symptoms persist then get parasthesia ruled out. They are due to dysfunctioning of the neurons and can be due to vitamin B 12 deficiency, diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism or spinal causes.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.