What is the remedy for stomach cramps when after using buscopan?

General Surgeon
I have been having stomach cramps for the past 3 and a half week. it is like a twinge followed by diarhea. I went to the pharmacy and picked up buscopan and that seemed to work. Though when I stopped the symptoms come back. The pain is also relieved when I exercise. I feel like I constantly need to go to the bathroom, even though I have just been.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: stool tests are necessary Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the qquery. Such symptoms in first row should be considered as a gastrointestinal infection. Diarrhea is quite characteristic for such issue. Usually intestinal infection gets healed by its own. However if symptoms last longer than few days, medical attention is necessary. Such symptoms can also indicate partial bowels obstruction due to Crohns disease. I suggest you to visit your doctor and have stool test and stool culture test. Antibiotics might be necessary. If no infection will be found, colonoscopy should be next. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.