What is the remedy for severe uncontrollable gas all day?

hi I suffer with severe uncontrollable gas all day and night is there anything I can take to stop this.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could have been injured pelvic muscles! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about what you have been experiencing since 2010. From the information you have provided, i am afraid after this delivery, you pelvic muscles were probably injured and weakened. This in a way makes its ability to control the exit of any substances through the anal sphincter not as effective as usual. This may explain why you have difficulties controlling this process. If it were to be any ore severe than this, maybe you would have had difficulties controlling even liquid and solid stools making it a full blown incontinence. But for the embarrassment this may cause especially when with others, there is no particular fear associated with this. Trying some exercises like kegel exercise would help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and help restore the closing capacity of the sphincter that controls the exit of substances out of the intestines. Unfortunately, there is no drug that can do this. We can rather try to avoid mixing food types that often lead to increased gas production. This will ensure that very little gas is produced and thus save you from having to deal with much gas in the system. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for severe uncontrollable gas all day? 16 hours later
I Will try the kegels thanks for your quick reply.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you so much! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank for your kind words. I hope the exercises really get to help you. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.