What is the remedy for recovering completely from cancer?

hi doctor my mother is surviving with cancer she has a 3rd stage of cancer detection now this time it comes in brain we have just given her radiation therapy now what should we do is there any possiblity for recovering my mother from life-killing disease.please i need your valuable suggestions what we so that my mother doesnt suffer much.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 49 minutes later

I am sorry to know that your mother is surviving a malignancy with Brain metastasis. As there is presence of metastasis, Radiation therapy is considered to be the right treatment which will reduce the spread of the malignancy and also improve her survival.

Have you opted for Gamma Knife radio surgery treatment. It is considered to be a superior treatment compared to Whole brain radiation, and has better survival period comparatively.
If not, It would be better to discuss about this mode of treatment and availability with your treating Oncologist.

The prognosis depends upon the response to steroids and Radiation therapy.

It is not possible to completely cure the cancer, but it will increase the chances of survival for a longer period.

I don't want to give you any false hopes, but will only advise you to give her very good memories for rest of her life.

Take care of yourself and your mother.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for recovering completely from cancer? 1 hour later
hello doctor my mother not taking food it is very difficult to us to give food she is not taking food,what should we do to take food as i mention in previous questions she survive with breast cancer patient in 1st stage , she is in home now,it is better to admit her in hospital or in home with family or in rehabilitation centre she is having a breathing problem what should we do she even cant talk because she doesnt have energy to talk what should we do we want she is with us remaining life ,she is on oxygen now,thanks for support ,now she is not in position to give any type of therapy.
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 30 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

My Sincere advise would be to employ a full time nurse and let her be in home with the family.

And about her feeding, it would be better to see her oncologist for his opinion and might be suggested of feeding her through a feeding tube which will be helpful. With this feeding tube you can learn how to feed or the nurse can feed her regularly with liquid diet.

Hope this answer helps you.