What is the remedy for rash on upper thigh followed with low fever ?

One year old boy developed rash on upper thigh yesterday. Today rash has gotten redder and has since got a low/cold fever. Baby is Ice cold to touch no matter how much clothing is on. Any suggestions? Thanks
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Hi Britt,

If the rash is localized only to the upper thigh and no where else on the body, I strongly suspect a allergic reaction here .The allergic reaction could be due to a insect bite, irritants or contact material of new dress or diapers .

I would suggest you not to wait here as the cause of the rashes cannot be sorted specifically and could worsen if not treated. Baby needs anti allergic treatment ,consult a pediatrician for the same who after examining and confirming the fact that he has allergic reaction will put him on right treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for rash on upper thigh followed with low fever ? 7 hours later
I understand why you would be saying it is an allergic reaction. However I do not believe this to be the case. I myself have numerous allergies, with several reactions different. It is not anything I have ever seen. Thanks for your reply though.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
Thanks for using this service,

Wishing him good health,