What is the remedy for premature ejaculation?

Good Afternoon Sir, My age is 20 & i am doing intercourse from the age of 16! From day one till today i Ejaculate in 30 seconds. I masturbate daily.
Dr. PLEASE help me as no one is satisfied with me?I am very Tensed Please.
Also i took the unani treatment, but no Improvement.
Please Suggest?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is maximum. You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it.

If you are doing excessive masturbation, then you have to decrease the frequency. There is no need to stop masturbation totally as it is not a permanent solution.

Some clinicians treat a premature ejaculation if it is less than a minute, in that order you are actually having the problem.
Various reports have suggested that premature ejaculation is more of psychological problem rather than physical. Anxiety is found as the cause most often.

Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem.

Master and Johnson's technique - start and stop techniques have been suggested to all patients having premature ejaculation. Most patients have reported improvement after practicing this technique. You may also use them during sexual intercourse.

Other measures suggested are:

1. Use of desensitizing agents such as delay cream.
2. If the drug cure is needed, then Dapoxetine - a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) is the approved drug used for this purpose.
3. Intracavernous pharmacotherapy - a method of injecting a drug known as a vasodilator directly into the penis to help men control premature ejaculation and maintain their erection.
4. Preventive methods include performing routines such as Kegel exercises, which, as mentioned, relate to gaining voluntary control of the PC muscle. Thus giving a person more control over ejaculation.

You may discuss these issues with an urologist or sexologist. You may also get the aforementioned drugs prescribed by them.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.