What is the remedy for positional plagiocepahaly?
User rating for this question
My baby is 1 and a half months old. He keeps turning his head only towards his right. We feel that his head is getting flattened at the right side. Even if we turn his head towards left, he turns again to his right. Is there something which we can do?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Torticollis and plagiocephaly Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Your baby has got positional plagiocepahaly. This is a condition caused by torticollis. What happens here is one side of the neck muscle is short and other side is long and weak . So the head is turned to the opposite of the short side. This happens due to less space in the uterus. Nothing to worry. Try positioning your baby on both sides. Pillows that are crescent shaped or have a hole in the center to put the head can also be helpful. Do gentle massage every day to the neck.muscles. Some stecxhing exercises for the contracting neck muscles can be beneficial. Try carrying your baby on your right shoulder. This will make him turn towards his left side.. Baby skull is still growing and there is time till one year of life for the shape to change. If it still persists may need surgery. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: What is the remedy for positional plagiocepahaly? 38 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Can I place a normal pillow at his right side, so that he is forcefully straight or on his left? Mustard seeds pillow or horse shoe shaped pillow did not help. He keeps turning towards right even with those pillows.
Answered by Dr. Arun 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You can try when he is awake Detailed Answer: Hi You can keep a pillow on the right side. But someone should be watching him and preferably in the day time . This is to avoid suffocation from the pillow in case he buries his face into it. This can be XXXXXXX if left unnoticed. Regards
People also viewed
- What is the remedy for positional plagiocepahaly
- Home remedy for aso is positive
- Hbsag positive home remedies
- What does it mean when you have sensation you need to wee and only bits of blood come out and it hurts
- What does it mean that my crp at 28
- Best remedy for positive tmt
- Is metaspray harmful for kids?
- Ketosis smell feces
- Ayurvedic remedy for hbsag positive in elisa
- What effect does smoking 1 cigarettes a day for 6 months have on your teeth
- How long does cocaine stay in an infants stool?
- What if your vaginia burns itches
- Is fucithalmic safe for babies 1 to 2 years old?
- Fishy smelling stool 13 month old
- What causes a painful stomach after taking alcohol