What is the remedy for palpitations and anxiety?

I am 60 yr F have had a stiff neck, left side for a few days, with intermittent ache in left jaw. Neck hurts when turning to the left. Also aching left arm, wrist, ache comes and goes, mainly on outside of arm. Ache intensifies if arm is extended. I have had the problem with my arm for several years. No chest pain, but am worried about heart attack! Had an ECG and stress test 6 months ago, everything OK. I do suffer with anxiety and have missed heart beats every so often, also not too often, my heart beat will race, like a machine gun, boom, boom, boom,boom, for five or six beats, then slow down. I think I just need some reassurance please. Many thanks.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No cause for concern Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day If you have got stress electrocardiogram and 2D Echocardiography and the results are normal, I see no cause for concern. It'd quite common to have missed beats followed by tachycardia in anxiety neurosis and there is no cause of concern for the same. I would also suggest you to try meditation and Indian Yoga that will definitely go long way in managing anxiety. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD