What is the remedy for migraine and gastric problem?

General Surgeon
Hi. I am 24 years old and have migrain and gastric problem. I am suffering from migrain from last 7years and gastric from last 15 years. I get migrain attacks mainly when I am stressed and when I coundnt sleep properly. Also I get attacks by many things and if not my gastric peoblem triggers my migrain. My problem is that I waork in an It company and I have to work in shifts. I could not avoid even working in night shifts. I get headache daily and I am always stressed. I am taking heavy dose of pain killer daily. Also I am emotionally very weak and always easily get depressed. Ay first I started my migrain and gastric treatment, I took all kind of medicines even did panchkarma(homeotherepic treatment). But now I just take paracetamol or any pain killer. I don't know what to eat or how to deal with my daily migrain with my daily shifts. Please guide. XXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diet modification and acid suppression will help Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXX As you yourself have identified the triggering factors and many of these factors are unavoidable, let's take a more practical approach towards it. Apart from my practical experience with patients , I would like to share my own practical points and stress management techniques. Being a Surgeon i have also encountered these situations where I get little time to sleep , emergency calls at unexpected hours, erratic eating habit which predisposed to migraine and gastric hypersecretion. It will be beneficial if you could implement these suggestions 1. It's very important to regularise eating habits. Even if you are not able to have meals on time, regular snacks even if it's biscuits or sandwich will be beneficial. DO NOT LET HYPOGLYCAEMIA OCCUR:It precipitates migraine attack. Do carry some snacks always handy with you. Cheese and cheese products are known to cause migraine attacks in susceptible individuals. Avoid any food stuff which you have found out precipitates migraine attack. 2. Good sleep: whenever possible take power nap in between. It's very important to get 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even if that's not possible in between power naps may be beneficial 3. Maintain good hydration: Consume plenty of oral fluids 2 to 3 liter a day 4. Treatment of Acid peptic disease: Stress , worry and lack of sleep are predisposing factor for causation of Duodenal Ulcer which may cause the acid symptoms. It's usually associated with Helicobacter Pylori infection. Empirically treatment with H Pylori with Ulcikit 1 kit per day for 10 days will be useful followed by acid suppression with Proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprozole along with Domperidone will be helpful. 5. Avoid Oily spicy, fast food and junk food 6. Consume High fiber diet These suggestions will definitely be helpful. In case you need any Further assistance anytime will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: What is the remedy for migraine and gastric problem? 12 minutes later
thank you doctor, my one more question I want to know about food and fruits which cause acidity and gastric problems. actually I used to eat orange and lemon when I used to feel like vomiting. but someone told me to avoid these foods.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Eat what suites your body Detailed Answer: Hi Every individual has his or her own liking. Eat whatever you are comfortable and suites your taste buds and does not worsen your migraine. Do get back ot write directly if you have any other query. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore