What is the remedy for lump on forehead formed under stitches?

Fell and bust head wide open> 7 dissolving stitches under skin amd 14 stitches on top. Stitches put in 9 days ago. 2 days ago i started getting a lump on my forehead under the stitches. It is almost the size of a golfball. No job no insurance so I will be taking out stitches myself.GOING TO THE DOCTOR IS NOT AN OPTION!! What do I do to deflate the bump?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later

I have few questions to be able to you help you better.

Is there any discharge from the swelling?
Any pain,bleeding etc?
Do you have any fever?
Did you get antibiotics when the stitches were put in?
Whats the location of the bump?
Was it a sudden appearance or gradual onset?

Can you take a picture and send it to me at YYYY@YYYY to my attention with Sub: Dr. Rhea Chanda.

First explanation of it appears to be a large subdermal hematoma common after injuries and primary repair. Let me review after your answers and pictures to me.

Awaiting the reply.

Follow-up: What is the remedy for lump on forehead formed under stitches? 23 hours later
I had to go to the ER because it swole too big before I got your answer. They took out the stitches and gave me antibiotics. It drained through a hole last night and now theres just a little lump but the area is discolored.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 hours later
Hi, thanks again for writing back to me.

Well, it was probably a seroma or a hematoma depending on the colour of the discharge.

It was also probably infected and they have done the right thing by taking the stitches out. That's what i would have recommended too.
You will have to take the antibiotics to avoid infection. Just keep the wound site sterile and dress it as advised. You should change the dressing at least every alternate day for a few days at first.

The wound will heal by secondary intention so don't worry about that.

Once the infection settles the discolouration will go away.

Hope my answer was both informative and useful.

Wish you good and healthy recovery.