What is the remedy for loose and misdirected eye lashes that touches eye balls and cause irritation?

I have loose hairs in the eye. I have tried using regular eye drops,liquid gel drops, and warm water with no relief. We're expericing icey roads due to winter storms which is keeping me at home. How can I get the hairs out of the eye and get the relief needed.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is probably trichiasis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having loose and misdirected eye lashes which are touching the eye ball and causing irritation. This condition is called as trichiasis. I will first evaluate the cause for it in a patient presenting with these symptoms. Since as you yourself have noticed symptomatic treatment by using liquid gels is usually not successful. The commonest causes are Inflammation of eye lid margin Injuries to eye lid margin Inturning of the eye lid margin If I am not able to find out the underlying cause I will advice mechanical removal by a simple method called as epilation of the eye lashes. If possible if you can send me a photograph of the affected eye, I think I can advice you more accurately. If you are not able to send me photograph I advice you to undergo epilation by mechanical removal by your doctor. Hope the information is helpful to you Thank you