What is the remedy for itchy red patch on penis?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi , Im having some reddish patch on my penile head and some red spots on the ring of the penile head. There is also itching with it. This occurs some times. Have also consulted with a dermatologist and its not any STD so the doctor recommended me Leo Fuscidin cream 2% and dazit tablet and also asked me to wash the penile head with salt water on doing so it went away. On recurrence of it i apply the cream it goes away but what troubles me the most is the recurrence of it. Am married.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 24 hours later
Brief Answer: You seem to have candidosis probably. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXX After reading short history I feel that you may be having candidal balanoposthitis. But, I would like to see the photograph of the lesion. Please post the photo. And please answer me few queries: Duration of the disease? Family history of any disease like DM...? Any history of exposure? Any treatment for taking for vertigo? Past history of same lesions or other disease? Are you circumcised?.. If you are able to post the photo and answer the above questions, I will be better able to help you. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: What is the remedy for itchy red patch on penis? 22 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Duration of the disease? probably for 3 to 4 months back it started and from that time had about 5 to 7 occurences. Includes after treatment as well. Family history of any disease like DM...? Diabetes none except for my uncle and grandfather Any history of exposure? None Any treatment for taking for vertigo? Had used Betavert but that too not when it occurs. Have not got an episode of vertigo for nearly 8 to 10+ months Past history of same lesions or other disease? Nil Are you circumcised?.. No Have attached the pic that i had taken when i went to the doctor. Right now its gone down after using the fusicidin cream.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Probably you have candidal balanoposthitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. After seeing photograph and reading history, it seems that you may be having candidal balanoposthitis (CBP)..Family history of DM is positive, you may develop DM after 40, you go for blood test to rule out DM at few months interval. CBP is a fungal infection occuring on prepuce and glans penis featured by erythematous lesions in patches and dots. There may be mild itching and burning. It may be complicated by bacterial infection. And that is why fucidic acid cream improves in your case. The CBP is a contagious and sexually transmitted disease. To prevent relapse, you should be cautious. Apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole or miconazole cream. Take Sitz bath in dettol water. Take antifungal tablets like ketoconazole 200 mg once a day for 2 to 4 weeks. To relieve itching , take antihistaminics like levocetirizine. Improve hygiene and immunity by healthy diet and exercise. You consult dermatologist and have perfect diagnosis. Then, you take treatment. I feel you may be alright. I hope you got my answer. Still, any query, you may ask...ok Wishing you healthy life. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: What is the remedy for itchy red patch on penis? 10 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Thanks for your advice , i remember getting this after using Skore Condom (flavoured). Also wanted to know for the following 1) what type of test for Diabetes to take. 2) When you said relapse and be cautious is it to avoid unprotected sex with my spouse. 3) How much time will this take to get cured completely, we dont have kids and would be willing for one. 4)How will sitz bath in dettol help , should i pull my foreskin back and sit. Again thank you.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Answers of your queries are given. Detailed Answer: Hi, You may go for laboratory test for DM.. PP2BS & FBS. Do not go for extramarital relationship. Your wife should be treated, after consulting gynaec. When you are having lesions, do not go for sex. Disease may be improved in few weeks after proper treatment, but may relapse. Dettol is antiseptic. Have Sitz bath daily for 10 min. You may pull prepuce up and down. I hope you got my answer. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: What is the remedy for itchy red patch on penis? 2 days later
Thank you for your answer , will follow up with a Dermatologist again and get back to you.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: Ratheesh, thanks for your query and accepting my answer. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD