What is the remedy for irregular heart beat?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi have a ireguler hart bet and musil wasting courad by statings is ther any medecashen for this the hart bet ceps me awak at night
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to cardiac cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The irregular heartbeats at your age can be due to a cardiac reason and other reasons that need to be ruled out include- 1.Electrolyte imbalance-Abnormal levels of potassium, magnesium and calcium. A simple blood test will rule out these. 2.Hyperthyroidism- Raised levels of thyroid hormone is a common cause. 3.Excessive intake of caffeine, tobacco and alcohol can cause irregular heart beats. Restrict their use as much as possible. 4.Illicit drugs use and other medicines might cause this. 5. Avoid stress and anxiety. Practice yoga, deep breathing exercises and relaxation exercises. You need to rule out all these causes with the help of simple blood tests and ECG under the guidance of your physician. The muscle wasting is usually seen due to a nerve related cause. A physical examination is an integral part of such diagnosis. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL