What is the remedy for intense sharp pain and spasm reactions in achilles tendon area?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi . I had a cart run into back of my achilles tendon area. Small abrasion occurred. I am in construction so I get many bruises and am generally a very quick healer. However, though I work fine all day w/ o pain, for the past three nights I have had rounds of intense sharp pain bursts and spasm reactions that have kept me awake. I have tried various creams and topical pain gels. ist night aleve haelped me to get to sleep after 3am, but the past 2 nights, hasn't helped at all.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There can be injury to tendo achallis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history there can be injury to tendo achallis leading to partial or complete tear. Are you able to stand on your toe only? You may need clinical examination from doctor for confirming tear in TA. Till time take rest for few days, Do cold fomentation, apply crepe bandage. If you suspect any infection then it is better to give antibiotic cover. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.