What is the remedy for inflammation of the eye with redness?
User rating for this question
Yes I am experiencing inflammation of the eye lids & some below (above cheek) plus some redness extending from outer corner of the eye causing slight burning.I take natural vitamins regularly but in the past week added Electrolyte tabs containing Magnesium 45.77mg,Potassium,Alfalfa. Also started taking Magnesium tabs 200 mg (which I dissolve in water first) Am not applying anything whatsoever topically to the area I am a 75 year old caucasian female with fair skin. Have a tendency from time to time to have allergic reactions ie sneezing & environmental, although I am in good health.Take no perscriptions. Would this reaction possibly be to the Magnesium? Many thanks for your thoughts. XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible allergic reaction to electrolyte tabs.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, the supplementation of Magnesium is associated with skin irritation that might be appearing as inflammation of the eyelids and from outer corner of the eye. the electrolyte tabs you added contain potassium and alfalfa, which can also cause skin irritation/allergic reaction. I'd suggest to stop taking electrolyte tabs. If no improvement within a few days, and if the burning will be worse (similar to edema); I'd suggest to consult a dermatologist to rule out erysipelas (inflammation of face skin with similar symptoms of yours) and possible allergic reaction to this supplement. You can apply cold water to the affected area and keep good local hygiene (use always hypoallergic soap. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of clear eyes + redness relief?
- Baby pea sized lump below sternum
- Symptoms of sudden astigmatism
- Symptoms of premature cataract
- Reasons why 6 month old baby poop smells bad
- Benefits of lactogen milk for a newborn baby
- Benefits of dermadew soap for babies
- Red eye red ear
- Symptoms of congenital amaurosis
- Eye redness remedies
- What is the treatment for eye redness itching and discharge
- Hcg causes eye redness
- Symptoms of acute anterior uveitis
- What does it mean if my babies heart is fast and skips a beat?
- Symptoms of posterior polar cataract