What is the remedy for hair loss?

hi my age is 24 i am male i have a heavy hair fall problem from last 4years i lost more then 100 hair follicles in a day my volume of hair decrease day by day. my parietal portion is almost bald. i consult many dr.s they suggest me mintop5% but i had no improvement. in my family only my elder uncle is bald. presently i am using herbal oil and skin vit tablets. but due use of oil therapy my oil glands are stimulated that results plz suggest me any remedy for hair loss. or some pathological test is to b carried out
2) my maximum hair is also white in color from last 14 years
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 50 minutes later
Hello Glammi,

First of all a quick question, Is your parietal or TEMPORAL portion Bald.Parietal is the part of the scalp just above the ears.
Anyways, I suspect you are having Male Pattern Baldness or ANdrogenetic alopecia.

The treatment depends on the stage of the disease.
Generally, we start with mintop5% 1 ml twice daily and Tab finasteride 1mg once daily. We wait for 6 months atleast to see for a response. If there is no response the usual practice is to stop the treatment and go for hair restoration surgery.

I would request you to send me your pics so that I give you a better opinion.

The herbal oils may not work. And as you are developing acne, it is best to stop the oil.

Follow-up: What is the remedy for hair loss? 1 hour later
i have already told u that i have no efffet with mitop5% i was alreary using it.i am also using loreal color for white hair...suggest me any shampoo or soap for hair

i have send my pics at YYYY@YYYY i go for hair transplantation what will b the cost and is it painful or have any side effect
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 15 minutes later

Yes you told me that you have used mintop 5%. But perhaps you didnt read my reply carefully.
One must use mintop 5% WITH finasteride for atleast 6 months before we can say that medical treatment is not going to help. You should say to your doctor about this.

As for hair transplant, the cost depends on the surgeon doing the procedure. It ranges from INR50 to 150 per hair follicle. I charge INR 100 per follicle for my patients.
In a routine session we implant 1500-2500 follicles. The surgery is done under local anaesthesia so there is some pain. Side effects depends on the method chose to do transplant. I prefer strip method, which leads to a scar on the back of your scalp (covered by hair). Another option is FUE which leads to minimal scarring but harvesting more that 1500 follicles is difficult.

Note: You are too young for a Hair Restoration surgery.

Shampoo- You may use Trigaine shampoo for regular use.

Hope this answers well.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for hair loss? 9 hours later
finasteride is having side effect like wise it cause sexual desease....give some alternate medi have u seen my pic which i have send....
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 8 hours later
Hello Glammi,

Erectile dysfunction with finasteride is seen in less than 1% of patients and that too is reversible after discontinuing the drug. SO there is not much to worry about.

There is no medicine which is 100% safe. Biotin has been tried along with finasteride ( in very low doses) and has given some result in one study but the proof is not substantial.

I have not yet received your pic from XXXXXXX Please write Attn:Dr Gaurang in the subject of your mail and do send it to YYYY@YYYY .