What is the remedy for hair fall problem?

Hi, I am XXXX aged 24 ,currently I am suffering from hair fall. This has increased from past 6 months. Now even if I comb lot of hair starts falling.Sometimes it falls in bunch. Please let me know what steps I need to take
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. In males the main cause of hair fall is androgenic alopecia. That is hormone dependent hair loss. This type of hair loss occurs in a pattern and is treated using topical and oral anti androgen. If the hair loss is through out scalp it may be due to nutritional deficiency and the approach to treat will be different. I would like to see a photograph of your scalp. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and I would be able to help you better. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the remedy for hair fall problem? 6 minutes later
i have uploaded photo at the report section. Can you please check and see if that helps.If not let me know how to send the images
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: androgenic alopecia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. It is appearing like patterned alopecia. That is androgenic alopecia. You can take saw palmetto capsules. Also apply minoxidil 5 % lotion twice daily. This is easily available over the counter. It will help in controlling hair fall and reduce the effect of hormones without any side effect. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you