What is the remedy for fever?

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Syrup Paracetamol to be given for fever Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr Sreedhar Fever in children are usually viral etiology and self limiting. You can give your kid Syrup Paracetamol 10 mg per kilogram of body weight every dose. If his weight is around 12 kg , he will require 120 mg of Paracetamol. 20 minutes after giving Paracetamol give him whole body tepid sponging using tap water at room temperature. Do get back to me with further development and progress and associated symptoms. Will be glad to assist you. Wishing your baby speedy recovery. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow-up: What is the remedy for fever? 9 hours later
Hi doctor
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do let me know the progress Detailed Answer: Hi So how is your kid doing. Do let me know if you need any further guidance. Take care Regards Deepak
Follow-up: What is the remedy for fever? 12 hours later
No not yet, he still same and he is very dull
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Are there any other associated complaints? Detailed Answer: hi greetings Dear Mr Sreedhar Does your baby have any other symptoms like running nose, cough, sneezing or loose motion or urinary complaints? In the absence of these symptoms its likely to be due to non specific viral infection. Apart from Paracetamol syrup being given, ensure adequate nutrition. Give him warm tomato/chicken soup, wheat porridge, kichdi, rice with milk and sugar added. Please get back to me with the update about your child. Take Care Regards Deepak