What is the remedy for fatigue and belching?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
My wife is 69 years of age,she has been unwell for past 18 months,symtoms include fatique,feeling "funny in the head",a tingling sensation in her stomach and legs,diagnosed with chronic sinus and bletheritis,took her to an emergency clinic a month ago with very sore throat,diagnosed as acute bacterial tonsilitis,prescribed antobiotics,10 days after finishing medication,feeling even worse,took her to hospital,told she had not had tonsilitis,some sort of infection.She was on atenolol for blood pressure,changed by her doctor 2 weeks ago to micardis,still feeling very sick,awaiting results of blood test from her doctor.Cannot thus far get a definitve diagnosis,she is usually very active person,not overweight,many days she finds it difficult to get out of bed,always fatigued,burping and belching a lot.Please can you assist?,i want my old wife back.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Tests and if negative Psychologists consultation Detailed Answer: HI. Gone through the history. If your wife is unwell for 18 months, why is the condition not yet diagnosed. Chronic Sinusitis and Blepharitis can itself can be the reason for all her symptoms, as both the conditions give rise to fatigue ( physical and mental), reduced immunity and all the symptoms she is suffering from. It is possible that within 10 days of antibiotic course have treated well the signs of tonsillitis, which the other Doctor can not notice although they have mentioned some sort of infection. I would suggest to for for all the relevant tests ( reports awaited as you have mentioned). Let us know the reports. I also would advise to for a CT scan of sinuses to have a definite diagnosis. A blood culture and tests for chronic diseases like blood culture, X-ray chest, Ultrasonography of abdomen and the tests your Doctor would suggest as per findings on clinical examination. If all the tests reports do not fit well into the symptom complex , I would advise a visit to a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist just to rule out anxiety / depression. Continue the treatment for Blood pressure. Many times an axiolytic helps to control the blood pressure and many other symptoms. This is just a suggestion you can discuss with your Doctor to help your wife regain the previous nice days.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for fatigue and belching? 3 days later
Hi Doctor,blood test shows my wife to be suffering from an under active thyroid.She is having an ultrasound next week.seems we finally have a proper diagnosis at last.i never understand why it takes several Doctors to diagnose correctly,but hopefully she can regain her oldself. Thank you for your advice. Kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: good to know the blood report. Detailed Answer: Hi. Good that the diagnosis of under-active thyroid is in hands. A proper dose should help her regain a good life. Please remember she needs to go thyroid function tests minimum of twice in a year to adjust the doses. Ultrasound may help further. The Probable cause for the late diagnosis could be due to pre-existing diseases interfering with the classical symptoms and signs. I would like to know the reports. We have a facility, that you can post reports here .