Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the remedy for dribbling after urination?

Jul 2016

Hello, I have been experiencing dribbling of urine after peeing for a few months. Usually, I have urine spots the size of a dime, now they are getting larger to the size of a nickle. Any thoughts?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to Enlarged Prostate or Prostatitis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of dribbling after passing urine . Considering your age to be 50 it could be due to beginning of Enlargement of prostate or due to Prostatitis. Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine Urine test and Urine culture. 2)Ultrasound scanning abdomen and Scanning with rectal probe. 3) Serum PSA. 4) Swab test and culture of the urethral discharge obtained after prostate massage. In the mean while ake broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Further treatment will be decided by him on results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for dribbling after urination? 5 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX I will follow-up with a Urologist and offer up the suggested test, etc. Best Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Go ahead and get investigated. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Please do write about results of these test .I shall be guide you further . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.