What is the remedy for dark marks on my face while using skinshine cream?

Hi, I am an Indian with skin type of Dry & Brownish color. I am 23 & from last 5-6 years i am facing many skin problems. I have pimples on my face which i clears and due to which i am facing dark marks on my face. Currently i am using Skinshine cream (Hydroquinone, Trerinoin & Mometasone Furoate Cream from Cadila). The effect i have observed is that it is whitening my skin but not reducing the darkness of marks on my face. Can you please suggest me a specific cream tha i can use to reduce the darkness off the pimple marks on my face?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Charu. I have read your query and have seen the attached pic. I understand your concern. First of all, i will highly recommend you to stop skinshine cream immediately. It is a steroidal preparation, not at all advisable for pimples. It only gives initial false perception of getting better but otherwise it has a number of adverse effects like discoloration of skin, thinning of skin, increased facial hair, acneiform eruption, visible dilated blood vessels and many more. I usually recommend my patients to take a course of antibiotics like doxycycline, minocycline, azithromycin. Alongwith i advice topical creams containing clindamycin in the morning and benzoyl peroxide 2.5 % / azelaic acid 20 % / retinoic acid 0.025% alternate day night time to my patients. Also hair oil and intake of oily food is avoided. This is my best advice for you. If you have further query, you may ask me. Thanx. Stay healthy.