What is the remedy for dark circles?
User rating for this question
What is the cure of dark circles?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Dark pigmentation under the eyes is a common age related change, it just reflects thinning and sagging of the tissue under the eyes. The most common reason for them appearing is extreme stress, fatigue, tiredness and late nights ( sleep deprivation ). IN most cases, getting 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night, and minimizing stress, will relieve the dark circles. They are hereditary at times when nothing helps. Also, drinking, smoking, excessive tea and coffee and erratic eating habits - all contribute to dark circles. Iron deficiency anemia can cause this. Please get your hemoglobin levels tested - if you are anemic, take iron supplements. Incorporate fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, meat, liver , in your diet. Exercise regularly. Practise yoga and meditation to relieve stress. Cucumber slices applied to the area will help to achieve freshness. The skin there is quite fragile and delicate - avoid using excessive make up , or massage gels. Handle it gently. Wash eyes frequently with fresh cold water. Do not use any OTC creams and ointments with questionable ingredients - they often worsen the problem. Its best not to slather anything over the area. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Triple vessel disease feeling fine
- Free treatment of mirgi disease
- Fifths disease green feces
- What is the remedy for dark circles
- Is it safe to have ecosprin 75 during pregnancy
- Is microvascular disease a form of vasculitis
- Risk having ecosprin 75 during pregnancy
- When to stop ecosprin 75 mg during pregnancy
- What are dark circles in an xray
- Ecosprin 75 during pregnancy hypothyroid
- What are dark circles
- What is dark circle on tongue
- What is the best natural remedy for dark circles
- Taking ecosprin 75 before pregnancy
- Hand foot and mouth disease swimming pools