What is the remedy for child suffering from cough and cold with vomiting and snoring?

Excellent

Question
Hi Doctor, My 3.5 years old daughter is suffering from sever cold, cough and vomotings since yesterday. She had 4 vomits yesterday mostly after eating or drinking some thing. She sores at night while sleeping and i feel that there is a lot of mucus. Please suggest any remedy
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX It seems like a viral and it will resolve spontaneously in a few days. Firstly she needs medicine (like syr ondem) 2.5 ml for vomiting. We need to stop the vomiting, since it may worsen her cold and she may aspirate vomitus. For cough and cold, syrup ceterizine 1.5 ml can be tried. It can be taken 2 times a day. It will help control her runny nose and sneezing etc Sualin tablets or syrup can also be given. It will help clear the mucous in throat. She also needs syr crocin 2.5 ml 4 times a day for fever. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What is the remedy for child suffering from cough and cold with vomiting and snoring? 5 minutes later
Hi Doctor, The vomitigs seems to be stopped as she hasnt had any since thie morning. The last vomit she had is last night at 12 in the midnight. Also i Live in London, so can you suggest some medicines that i can but with our prescription or is there a way you can provide prescription. I am looking for ondem, Sualin alternatives that i can but over counter. Thanks and Regards XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again Ondem syrp you wont find in London. Sualin you may be able to find at an Indian grocery store. In London there would be same medicines available with different brand names. I think Syrup cetirizine must be available as Syr Reactine. Vicks dayquil is also good. Crocin must be available as tylenol. Tylenol meltaways are a good choice if she likes. You may remember the generic name paracetamol and buy medicine accordingly. Ondem is ondansetron (generic) and will not be available over the counter. Though there are good anti-emetics available over the counter like Syr Gravol, etc for children. You may check at your local pharmacy for alternatives available. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: What is the remedy for child suffering from cough and cold with vomiting and snoring? 7 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Very very Helpful

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: Hi again Thanks for consulting Take care Dr Vaishalee