What is the remedy for bump on vertebrae due to a fall?

i fell in to a crawlspace in october, i had back pain between my shoulders in the middle of my scapula's, then numbness in right arm for about 3 weeks. in november i was virtually bed ridden, i could not sit up for long periods with out allot of pain. the pain gradually went away, but now i have what appears to be a large knot or bump on my vertebrae on the same spot that hurt before. should i go see a chiropractor, or a normal doctor. at the time of the original injury i was unemployed an no health insurance, so i did not seek medical , now i am working but still no insurance. the only pain that i feel is when i lay on my back i can feel the bump
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Hi Rayhunt,

With the previous history of injury and bed ridden condition for quite sometime, I would like you to get your health status reviewed by the doctor who treated you earlier during the injury.

Appearance of a knot after long time post injury should be checked and found out the nature of it whether it is arising from the superficial or deeper structures.

If the doctor confirms the benign nature of the lump then you should not worry. It could be a chronic hematoma or a lump arising from neighboring muscles or an abnormal growth of the bone in the vertebrae. Sometimes an Xray of the area can be helpful.

Hope this helps you to find the way to go about.If you have any more queries please let me know.

Hope you