Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the remedy for back pain?

General Surgeon
Hematuria relapsed from today morning. Blood is coming out of Urine. This happened in 2012 April. But after medication, I was OK for these 22 months. I am having unbearable low back pain
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kidney infection or stones. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Blood in the urine and strong back pain indicate kidney infection or kidney stones which have stuck in the ureter. As you take Clopidogrel and Aspirin this medicines makes any bleeding more intense (including urinary tract bleeding). You may also have lower abdominal pain, frequent urinating, burning while urinating, fever. Recurring urinary tract infections can indicate Diabetes or can be the first symptom of bladder cancer. I suggest you to visit your doctor and have urine analysis, urine culture, abdominal ultrasound and glucose level checked. In case of infection, antibiotics are necessary. You should also consult urologist and consider cystoscopy (to rule out cancer). In a meanwhile please increase liquids intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hot bath should help with the pain. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for back pain? 12 minutes later
Abdominal ultrasound in November'13 revealed two stones in both kidney - 4 mm & 7 mm. Since then I am regularly taking STON- Potasium Citrate & Magnesium Citrate oral solution. Need some medicine to get rid of pain tonight. I can visit a doctor tomorrow morning only.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: To help with the pain you can take: - Buscopan 20 mg 3 times a day along with Dora-M twice a day (or other containing Drotaverine medicine) - please take a hot bath (or put something warm like a heating pad on the pain area) This should fight the pain. Regards..