What is the remedy for acne on face and painful swollen cysts all over body after taking birth control pills?

Dermatologist
Question
I Have PCOS and take spirolactone to help treat the symptoms. I have an IUD and have not been able to tolerate oral birth control as the make me painfully ill. I suffer from horrible face and all over body acne... black heads, white heads, and the worse painful swollen cysts all over me. I am currently without insurance and can not afford to go to any more then my regular doctors. I was hoping you could lead me the way to some store bought products that might help as well as maybe some vitamins and/or supplements that might aid my condition without interfering with my medications I'm currently on. Thanks!
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello thanks for the query In case of cystic acne you need to take oral antibiotics. Please taken capsule doxycycline 100 mg daily in night. Take it for 15 days. You will get good relief. It will not interfere with your regular medication. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the remedy for acne on face and painful swollen cysts all over body after taking birth control pills? 37 minutes later
As I said, I currently do not have insurance so I can't pay out of pocket to see a specialist to get a prescription. I was hoping you would have some information for stuff over-the-counter and/or supplements I can use that might help me until I have my health coverage all sorted out.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. I don't think specialist prescription is required for doxycycline. Just try once. if you are not able to get it, buy the following. 1.adapalene gel to be applied at night 2. Clindamycin gel to be applied in morning. you can get these over the counter . Thank you