What is the remedy for a dry mouth with gunk in throat?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a question. My daughter tested positive for Strep Throat last week. For the past 2 days ,my mouth has gotten extremely dry, and this gunk in throat. I don't know if it helps to know that I have had Asthma. I am 34 and have had it since I was 5. We are under the Winter Storm alerts and I just wondered if I need to get on the go to the nearest Dr before the big snow gets here. I just don't want to get in mess. :) Thank You! XXXXXXX Cox
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: please go to the doctor Detailed Answer: Hello! I have seen the uploaded images. Considering your symptoms I would strongly recommend that you go to the hospital for a checkup since it is likely that you have also caught the strep infection. Also the fact that you have asthma, getting a strep infection is bad and may worsen your condition. So I would really like you to start on antibiotics as soon as possible! Dont worry! start warm salt water gargle's and take lots of water! Take care! Regards.
Follow-up: What is the remedy for a dry mouth with gunk in throat? 34 minutes later
Thank You! I have had a sinus infection, bronchitis, Upper Respiratory Infection on and off since October 2013. I get the antibiotics and take them all the way I am supposed to, I have had to be on prednisone 3 times since then and taking my breathing treatments.. I get better as long as I am on the meds. I had allergy testing done and was good to go. I don't know if I need my tonsils out or what? Thank You for answering.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need for tonsil surgery Detailed Answer: Hello! It seems from your complaints that you have a constellation of allergic symptoms. Removing your tonsil is not a solution and will not help! What you need is a good control of your allergy and once it is achieved you will do find and your symptoms will disappear I would like you to meet your allergy specialist for further guidance and treatment. Get well soon! Regards