What is the remedy for PCOD and to increase haemoglobin?

I have irregular periods, cycle of 1.5 months and not with a good flow. I've been diagnosed with PCOD. My Haemoglobin is also 7.5, which is much less that the required 11. Could this be the reason for irregularity in periods. I feel bloated when nearing my periods time. The hair growth on my upper lip, chin has increased. what is the remedy for PCOD and to bring back haemoglobin? Thanks for your help and support.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: PCOD is the reason Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX The reason for irregularity in your periods is the PCOD. For PCOD, you need medications such as Metformin and hormonal pills to regularize the cycles. For low hemoglobin, you should take Iron supplements like Tablet Orofer XT for a minimum of 3 months. You can take iron injections as well. Hope this helps you. Get well soon. Regards