What is the recovery period and cost of the surgery for deviated nasal septum?

Sir, I am staying in Gurgaon (Delchi-NCR , India). I have been identified with nasal septum deviation with no sinusitis and normal turbinates. Can you please suggest that what is the approx cost for a nasal septum deviation and does nasal septum deviation correct drooping of nose tip ? What is the recovery period ? Can i get back to work after getting operated on friday and resume to my work on monday ?
Are there any medical insurance available for nasal septum deviation surgery ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Nasal septum deviation is treated either by surgeries called Sub-mucous resection or Septoplasty.

Both above surgeries are day care surgeries (need admission only for a day) and average cost surgeries.The cost differs from hospital to hospital depending on the staying expenses but average would be around 10,000rupees including surgeon and hospital charges.

Recovery is within 2 to 3 days and yes it does correct the bad shape of the nose if any.You can get back to work within 3 to 4 days.

I would doubt that any insurance company gives claim on such surgeries as DNS (Deviated nasal septum) is a pre-existing condition and usually appears in very young age.You may have to enquire your insurance office to be sure of that.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: What is the recovery period and cost of the surgery for deviated nasal septum? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply. I had earlier inquired about the costs of nasal septum deviation surgery here in gurgaon. One hospital(Paras hospital) has quoted 0000Rs and one plastic surgery doctor Dr. Prabhash in delhi has quoted 0000-0000Rs. All this much fee only for DNS ! I find them highly unreasonable . Can you please suggest any good hospital in gurgaon where I can get operated at the fees you have mentioned. AS I find going to every hospital for inquiring about DNS surgical charges is proving too costly for me. Thanks once again .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 26 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

As I said the costs differ from one hospital to another but the costs you mention appear more to me too.

Nangia hospital Model Town ,Gurgaon and Veekay hospitals in DLF city are two amongst low charging hospitals as in my list but I am not sure the exact cost there.You can contact and talk to them on this.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.