What is the recommended dosage of Codeine for pain relief?
User rating for this question
What is the recommended dosage of codeine for pain relief?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 15 to 60 mg every 4 to 6 hours. Detailed Answer: Hi there͵ The adult dose of codeine tablets is 15 to 60mg every 4 to 6 hours. It should not exceed more than 300mg in 24 hours. Since there are various side effects from this drug, ideally the best dose is as decided by your treating doctor. Hope this helps you͵ Take care͵ Dr.Farah Hussain.
People also viewed
- Tia differential diagnosis
- Peripheral ulcerative keratitis diagnosis 9
- Codeine pain relief
- Is blood in the urine or stools a side effect of depakote?
- Is painful or difficult urination a side effect of elavil?
- Mumps differential diagnosis
- Codeine for fibromyalgia pain
- Suggest alternative of codeine contine for pain relief
- Codeine pain killers
- Codeine free pain meds
- Is unusual bleeding or bruising a side effect of diazepam?
- Diagnostic tests for graves disease
- Is difficulty with swallowing a side effect of citalopram?
- Functional diagnosis
- Is fever with or without chills a side effect of dilantin?