What is the reccomended daily intake of white/green tea?

Excellent

Question
dear doctor, Could you please tell me what is the reccomended daily intake of white/green tea? Thank you Sincerly XXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 43 minutes later
150 ml per day or less.

Follow-up: What is the reccomended daily intake of white/green tea? 16 hours later
Dear doctor, Doctor vaddadi XXXXXXX suggests that i should drink 150ml of white tea per day. However that seems to me a small portion. I am drinkingevery morning 400-500ml of white tea to get maximum health benefit from it. Can you tell me what is the intake you reccomend? And what are potential health risks Thank you in advance Sincerly XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 4 days later
Brief Answer: Recommended dialy intake may actually vary Detailed Answer: Hi, sorry for delayed reply. Please note that i meant 150 ml for white tea which is more strong and chemically pure than green tea. Toxicity profile of white tea is less studied than green tea. You may consume green tea upto 300 ml/day if you weigh over 130 pounds. Recommended dialy intake may actually vary from person to person. In any case, half a liter of green tea contains too much of caffeine. Tea council recommendations may go up to 5 cups per day, but that is not in the intrest of the patients. There are many case reports of hepatotoxicity with strong and large doses of green tea and in the interest of the patients, we donot recommend more than 3 cups/day. Toxicity of caffeine may not be evident immediately, hence caution is required. hope this helps.