What is the reason of person being diabetic at small age?

What is the reason of person being diabetic at small ages?
Is there any harm to use insulin?
lastly, which organ of our body makes insulin in our body?
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 14 hours later

Type I diabetes is the most common cause of Diabetes in young age. It requires insulin for treatment.

LADA(Late onset Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults) can cause diabetes in young age.

Less physical activity and Obesity also causes increased incidence of Diabetes in young age. Here it is type II Diabetes and may not require insulin at the early stages.

Insulin is a natural hormone produced in you body and there is no harm in using it for the control of Diabetes.

Insulin is produced in the Beta cells of the Pancreas in the human body.
Follow-up: What is the reason of person being diabetic at small age? 2 hours later
Thank you for the valued information.
Can you suggest any medication that is to be taken leaving the current medicine.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 9 minutes later

At present your fasting blood sugar is 150 mg/dl.
It is on the higher side and has to be controlled under 110 mg/dl.

In this situation in my patient I will prescribe Sulphonylurea group of Oral hypoglycemic drug in combination with metformin. Please discuss with your doctor.

Hope this answer helps you.