What is the reason for vaginal pain when i try inserting my penis?

hello sir,
i'm 27 yrs old,height 172 nd 74 kg. i got married recently. we played foreplay for an hr nd wen i try insertin my penis into her's she is not allowin coz of pain. nd i'm losin my erection. much worried. wat shud i do?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 minutes later

Since you have got recently married, your partner is having pain during insertion of penis because of vaginismus or dyspareunia. Vaginismus is involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles uring attempted intercourse. The tightness is actually caused by involuntary contractions of the pelvic floor muscles surrounding the vagina. It is the most common and main cause of unconsummated relationships after recent marriage.

Tenderness during intercourse is called dyspareunia and there are some possibilities which need to be evaluated in such a case. Firstly any psychological fear, stress due to pain during penetration or emotions like fear or shame during penetration should be ruled out.

If still your wife is having pain while penetration then medical causes should be evaluated. Usually pain during the initial stages of penetration is due to UTI and vaginal infection or vaginitis, a tight vaginal wall, sores at the mouth of vagina or vestibulitis, vulvodynia or a dry vagina (frictional injury), thrush or fungal infection. Pain on XXXXXXX penetration is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors.

In that case, your wife will need to get an examination done from a gynecologist and get investigated for these medical conditions.

Till then, try the following measures:

1)     Insufficient arousal causes by less foreplay or psychological cause like stress can be treated by spending more time in foreplay which would increase the vaginal secretion. You can use water-soluble starch based lubricant such as KY Jelly.

2)     Your wife should avoid any possible irritants including harsh soaps, chemicals, deodorants etc.

3)     Talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food, exercise regularly and cut down on smoking or alcohol if you are taking it.

4)     Your wife may be having psychological fear and in that case spending time together and communicating with each other will help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.