What is the reason for uncommon vaginal odor and cloudy discharge after intercourse?

May 2013
HI. the last few days I had an uncommon vaginal odor after intercourse with my boyfriend, that was not there before and went away a short while after. also my urine has a stronger smell than normal and appears to be a little cloudy...what is this?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: vaginal infection, UTI Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your problem are : - Vaginal infection can lead to vaginal odor. But usually vaginal infection presents with vaginal discharge, itching etc symptoms. -During intercourse normal vaginal discharge also increases. Sometimes normal vaginal odor can be mistaken as abnormal. - Poor personal hygiene, forgotten tampons etc. - Genito urinary fistula - Urinary tract infection can lead to altered color of urine, smell etc. For more details : By examination and investigations like urine microscopy, culture and sensitivity, blood sugar levels etc, the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.