What is the reason for swollen throat and tongue with heartburn and sour taste?

My throat closed suddenly a month ago. I thought I was going to die. The emergency room thought I had an unknown allergic reaction. I have had these symptoms ever since. Trouble swallowing, my throat and tongue feel swollen, heartburn, sour taste in my mouth, 2 questions
1 what does this sound like
2 Should I see an ENT doc or Gastrointerologist?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 26 minutes later

You seem to have an ALLERGIC REACTION. As you have allergy to Salmon and Alcohol, you may have hypersensitivity to some other related foods / drinks. The substance causing allergy is called allergen. Normally the allergic reaction in throat leads to laryngeal oedema, that is there is development of swelling in respiratory (air) passage.

You also seem to have signs / symptoms of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), a spectrum of ACID-PEPTIC DISEASE. They are sour taste in mouth and heart burn. Acid reflux due to GERD may also act as allergen to cause swelling in air passage, because a part of air passage is common with food passage (pharynx).

You ought to avoid smoking as it can aggravate your laryngeal odema.

You may consult an ENT specialist or an Allergy specialist. It should be done urgently. As a second allergic reaction may be more severe than the first as the body has memorized the first allergen.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for follow ups as well.