Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the reason for swelling and tenderness of the testical?

Jul 2016

I have a swollen left testical and is tender to the touch. I have not had any swelling before today but that testical was sensative to touch. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to infection of Testicle (Orchitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed infection of the Lt Testicle secondary to UTI following prostate biopsy which is rare but known complication of prostate biopsy. Please consult qualified Urologist and get your ultrasound scanning and colour Doppler study of the scrotum done to confirm the diagnosis. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Please note that Orchitis takes long time to get cured hence you need to take these drugs for a period of 4-6 weeks. Ensure to drink more water this will help to keep your urine dilute. Do not worry this will get resolved with this treatment. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.