What is the reason for sudden weakness, shakiness in hands and legs and upset stomach?

I was feeling fine. Then all of a sudden I started feeling sick to my stomach. My hands are shaky. My arms and legs feel weak. I feel dizzy. I dont if my heart was pounding like this before or its because im scared now because I dont know whats going on with my body
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Require Evaluation Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. This kind if situation arise , when your blood sugar levels are down , or when you have an electrolyte imbalance , or if you have a stroke , encephalitis or any other neurological disorder. You have not mentioned any medical history , so i suppose you had no diabetes ,hypertension , and you were not on any treatment. If you have or had a fever , you need an evaluation for infection and related neurological conditions. In case you had received any vaccination in recent past , let us know. Other common associated features with Stroke are - Double Vision , Difficulty Speaking , Difficulty in distance judging., weakness on one side of body. Sometimes, these symptoms are transient and recover with in 24 hours , can be TIA (Transient Ischemic Effect). If you had these symptoms , while you were standing for a long time, it may simply be a orthostatic hypotension. You require an ECG , Blood sugar test, BP check , Neurological examination, if any doubt for stroke , you will require neuro imaging. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you have any doubts , you may ask me. Get Well Soon