Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the reason for severe pain while urinating since last 3 years?

Urologist
Question
age 30,female,currently on homeoapathy ,suffering with urinary pain since last 3years.culture test done no positive results,no growth of any bacteria.severely burning and piercing pain while urination.sometimes it aggrevates by sitting on hard surfaces for a long time,pain starts anytime abruptly and if i lye down it disappears.dont know what it is,checked with lots of urologists.they dont have any solution to this .some said urethritis or ,vaginitis.donnt know what to do??plz. help someone.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

You have provided with good information but I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better

1. What is the frequency of micturition- daytime as well as night?
3. How much urine you pass each time?
3. what is the stream of urine?
4. Do you have any urgency or urge incontinence?
5. Do you have blood in urine at any point of time?

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: What is the reason for severe pain while urinating since last 3 years? 16 hours later
Hello Dr. Goel
I am answering questions what u have asked:

daytime-thrice/day more in winters(4times around)
night time -if i drinkwater and sleep then once otherwise not in night

3. How much urine you pass each time?
good enuf amount of urine i guess like normal i feel

3. what is the stream of urine?
stream of urine is like jet. once it happens and then pain starts and then i feel littlebit more to pass after its done so i wait but that creates intense pain as if i feel last few drops in the track creates intense cutting pain in track and sometimes urine is out or sometimes i feel it doesnt comeout but it falls inside in track and then pain comes down.i have to put lot of pressure outwards so that it can relax and come out.

if i am feeling to go for urination i cant wait for more time but its not that urgent also .but if i just delay, pain in the track increases so i dont delay much .

no blood in urine anytime now .but if i leave homeopathy i feel i willhave drops at the end of urination with more pain.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 40 minutes later

Thanks for the details.

I have gone through your symptoms. Your doctor may try to put you on Alfuzosin with the minimum dose once a day for couple of weeks. He can check the relief of symptoms.

Alfuzosin is generally recomended for Benign Prostrate Hypertrophy. Please speak with your doctor about this therapy.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: What is the reason for severe pain while urinating since last 3 years? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. Goel.

You suggest to consult with another Doctor. I can do that. Can you tell me what is your diagnosis. What is the exact problem and its causes according to you?
I can tell both your diagnosis and your suggested medicine to the doctor, that will be more helpful.

Divya

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

It is very difficult for me to pinpoint your diagnosis without complete physical examination and evaluation.

Alfuzosin shall relax your bladder neck and allow you to pass urine comfortably. However, if does not help you then you might need to undergo cytoscopy to know the exact cause.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.