What is the reason for severe pain in my hands and legs?

Question
hi i am suffering from a joint pains i cant walk much distance,i cant stand much i will get stress so much i am suffering a lot of pain in down leg and hands also please suggest me a good medicine
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: What is the reason for severe pain in my hands and legs? 4 minutes later
i want to ask about my sexuall problem actually i do a masturbation once in a month or twice... i will ejacultely very quickly... my penis become a very small please suggest how to avoid masturbate and how to increase my penis size please reply me valuable answer...

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 59 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I will try answering both your questions one by one.

Firstly, joint pains in young can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia and chondromalacia patellae (degeneration of the cartilage beneath the kneecap).

To pinpoint the diagnosis, complete physical examination and investigations like complete blood counts, ESR, RA factor,CRP,serum uric acid,serum creatinine,X-ray and MRI joints from a rheumatologist are needed.

Secondly regarding the early ejaculation, it can be due to premature ejaculation. The most common psychological problems which are be related to masturbation are inhibited sexual desire, anxiety disorders, mental fatigue, stress, guilt etc.

Another issue could be feeling of guilt about how often you masturbate which seems likely in your case and this could be the real issue for the onset of premature ejaculation. If you are experiencing negative emotions/thoughts related to the frequency of masturbation, masturbating less often may solve the problem.

Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during masturbation. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else.
In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

Although there are other medical problems of premature ejaculation but from your symptoms these seem unlikely. These include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay to completely rule them out.

The normal penis size is 5.1 to 5.9 inches. There have been techniques which are used to increase the size of the penis like jelqing, penis stretching exercises as stretching makes cells composing your penis grow increasing the length of your penis and kegel exercises which target the pubococcygeus muscle and thus helps in maintaining the erection for a longer time.

You should go ahead with these exercises only after a consultation with your urologist as they have their own side effects. The only useful methods are penis enlargement surgery and inflatable implants. But they are also not without side effects which concern mostly with side effects of surgery.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: What is the reason for severe pain in my hands and legs? 1 hour later
i did Blood test and urine test doctor told everything is normal your body is having less content of water whether it is causes of less water in body i am getting joints pain

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 18 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Dehydration and lack of water can cause hypokalemia or lack of potassium which in turn can cause muscle aches and cramps but it is unrelated to joint pains.

The causes of joint pains have been mentioned above and all these causes need through investigations.

In some cases the synovial fluid (lubricating thick, stringy fluid found in the cavities of synovial joints, It reduces friction between the articular cartilage and other tissues in joints) of joints decreases and then it can cause joint pains.