What is the reason for sensitive tongue causing it to feel taste of things emmiting strong odour?
User rating for this question
I have noticed for the past few months that I can taste things that have a strong odor. When cleaning out a back shed that had mouse habitats - I could taste the mouse smell in my mouth. When cleaning out the chimney - I could taste the creosote all day in my mouth. Thanksgiving, I could taste burnt garlic all day. Also the tip of my tongue is very sensitive and tingling/burning .A bitter taste for the past few weeks. What do you think about these symptoms????
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Strong odor . Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these possibilities for these smell or odor disorders , these includes. 1 Intranasal tumor , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination by an E N T surgeon as well clinical and M R I examination. 2 Chronic sinusitis , diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical history of allergic disorder As I have seen in so many patient that they feel typical odor when they have sinusitis and allergy .Diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination by a physician . 3 Most dysosmic disorders consist of disagreeable odors , sometimes accompanied by disorders of taste. Dysosmia also can occur with depression. Yes , disorders of odor call as DYSOSMIA .Depression is the main cause after intranasal tumor . In my opinion consult an E NT /Psychiatrist and get opinion. Hope this information will be helpful for you.Further any question I will reply in follow up. Family history of cancer don't play any important role in disorder of smell. Good luck. Dr.HET
People also viewed
- Is muscle pain or cramps a side effect of omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate?
- Hands shake after holding something heavy
- What causes tongue to feel heavy
- Feeling acidic tongue what could be the cause
- Hand tremors after shower
- Is muscle spasm, especially of the neck and back a side effect of paxil?
- Sensitive tongue causes
- Tingling in hand after tattoo
- Is heartburn, indigestion, or acid stomach a side effect of misoprostol?
- Tingling in hand after weed
- Is trembling or shaking of the hands or feet a side effect of meloxicam?
- What feels like a tongue
- What is the reason for heaviness on tongue
- Is enlargement of the penis or testes a side effect of premarin vaginal?
- Tingling in hand after a prikle