What is the reason for reoccurring abscess under my arm?

Hello, A few weeks ago i found an abscess under my arm and when i went to the clinic they put me on antibiotics and told me to use a warm compress a few times a day, which i did and it went away in about ten days. No fever or spreading occurred. Last night i noticed it has come back in the same exact spot. i also have a smaller bump on my neck that went away and came back as well. i am in between doctors now since i have switched states. i am working on getting a new doctor but i am worried now. Can you shed some more light?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A clinical review required Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Prescription of antibiotics and use of warm compresses was for sure, due to the fact that the abscess had not collected, making incision unnecessary. I am sorry with this treatment you observed recurrence. Recurrence could either imply the infection was deep and continued to spread, or the antibiotic did not penetrate the infectious sites well, ro the fact that the antibiotics prescribed were inappropriate. A physical examination at this point is compelling for two main reasons. First because the abscess might have collected, and secondly to extract some part of the pus for a laboratory culture and sensitivity tests. After obtaining a sample, it might necessary to change the initial antibiotic to a more broad spectrum and specific antibiotic, or depending on the clinical appreciation of your doctor, prescription of inject-able antibiotics. Thanks and hope this helps. I suggest you see a doctor with my humble suggestions. Please, feel free asking further questions in case of need. I am predisposed to make my humble contributions. Best of health. Dr Bain