What is the reason for redness and irritated tip front of tongue?

The tip front half of my tongue is red and it's somewhat sore and irritated.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may be having glossitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, It seems that you may be having glossitis.There may be so many causes. The causes may be vitamin deficiencies,anaemia,drugs,blood diseases,internal diseases,viral and bacterial infections,HIV,connective tissue diseases,stress,toothpaste..etc..I would like to know few answers. Do you have any disease? Duration of the disease?Do you take any drug? Any history of allergy? What is your work? Did you consulted any doctor? And anything you want to tell.. And if possible, please post the photograph of the tongue. Thanks.. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD