What is the reason for redness and bumps around the rim of the penis?

I tested for all std and was positive for clymidia but I took the atibiotics for that weeks ago other than that what could be the cause of the red areas and the small bumps on the rim of my penis and I have also had these head achs that started after I had sex my first time and I tested negative for Hiv the bumps are not iterated at all its just red in some places and has bumps I also had a bump on my shaft 3 weeks ago that I squeezed and clear fluid came out of it it was not painful and didn't turn into a ulcer but I just assumed it was herpes or irretation
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chlamydia or herpes causes such a presentation Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Redness and bumps around the rim of your penis could be caused by chlamydia itself or even herpes. You have mentioned herpes in your query, but it is unclear whether or not you are aware of having the condition or not? If you have never been tested for herpes in the past, I would recommend a check at the earliest. If you have been diagnosed with herpes in the past, then I would recommend accurate and rapid initiation of medication to treat the infection, as this could also be causing the presentation that you are currently experiencing. I hope this information helps you sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Also in the meantime, please avoid bursting these bumps as it can result in the spread of these very bumps. Best wishes.
Follow-up: What is the reason for redness and bumps around the rim of the penis? 23 minutes later
I was seen at my clinic and they said it was not herpes and I was treated for clymidia weeks ago
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: The infection may have not been treated completely Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. What is important in a case similar to yours is a follow up examination, usually conducted after 4 weeks. This helps in determining whether the course of treatment was sufficient, and whether or not the infection has been cured. If at all the patient still presents with symptoms of the infection, then the course of medication is re-initiated or continued. I would thus request a re-visit to your doctor for an elaborate evaluation, and while you are at the doctors do also request for a repeat complete STD profile to be conducted sir. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.