What is the reason for rapid heart rate and headache in a child?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hi, my daughter is 9 yrs. old. For approx. three weeks now, she has been experiencing moments of rapid heart beats, which usually last for no more than about ten minutes at a time. When this occurs, she also complains of a headache around the forehead area, and says her brain goes " wonkey" , but can't describe what that means. Any idea what this could be ? She has recently had blood work done, had an echo-cardio done today. Is going next week for an EKG , and a halti-monitor. Anything else I should ask to be checked ?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: may be SVT or WPW syndrome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are going in the correct path! This may be a condition called supraventricular tachycardia. ECG at the time of tachycardia or holter is the priority. Further work up depends on the results of holster study like Some blood works ( hemoglobin,thyroid function) and electrophysiological studies. Good luck Dr uma
Follow-up: What is the reason for rapid heart rate and headache in a child? 4 days later
Wasn't sure where answer was to be found. Thought it would show up on my email. Sorry about that. Thank you very much, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 33 hours later
Brief Answer: never mind! Detailed Answer: Hi , Never mind! Hope your daughter gets better soon. God bless Dr Uma