What is the reason for pain in the frontal lobe area, disorientation and disconnectivity?

Hi I am 58 a lady and have not been able to operate for years, I have to constantly go to bed, its as though I don't know what to do or say, my brain is blank, I have headaches in the frontal lobe area all the time and pain round the back of my head, my eyse feel like they can not focus, I can't read or take in TV programmes, it is as though I am totally disconnected from the world around me, I try and work in a cafe but the young girls have to boss me about and when people talk to me across the counter I can barely do the maths or hear what they are saying, I have spent years self analysing and being introspective and wondered if this has done my brain in, funnily I go t first in psychology in 2004 but have felt like this for years like 6 years no one can bear to be with me and I know I've got stuck on talking about myself etc I ache all over its as though I have held myself rigid for years Is there any hope, how can I help myself I feel so unable to do anything that trying to change things seems impossible. I can't seem to chat like other people. I bump into thigs all the time and when on holiday it seemed like I could not trust the ground I felt so out of space, terrifying. Everyone is fed up of me talking about myself, they think I look great yet this is so awful, wondered if it was psychological or neurological, had a bells palsy when 15, not really been able to do relationships wondered if I was autistic or something, cant connect to grandchildren or anything Please advisse
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 16 hours later

Important points of your query:
•     Old age
•     Presence of depression for long duration ~ 6 year
•     Social and occupational dysfunction because of Depression

I admired you for able to write us well in presence of such symptoms and I will try to sort & specific in my answer as you have difficulty in concentration.

From your description it is clear that you have multiple depressive symptoms like: low mood, not having interest in any work, increase tiredness, negative views for self & future, decrease confidence, decrease concentration and severity of these symptoms enough to disturb your personal, social and occupational life.

I need following information to help you better:
•     Past and family history of similar or other psychiatric treatment
•     Past and present treatment detail with doses of medicines

But one thing is clear that you have depression and need drug treatment apart from psychological treatment.

Wishing you Good Health.I will be available for follow up.